Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What Comes Next?

That is the question I keep asking myself.

With graduation around the corner and my impending doom into adulthood I wonder what will come next. While I intend on having a job while on sabbatical; I am apprehensive of where it will be, what I will do and any other question one can think of. The ultimate would be to have a job at the opera house ushering, taking tickets - anything to get me closer. I know that doesn't sound like much, but in this economy I have to scale back a little. They say ignorance is bliss, sometimes they're right (whom ever "they" are). I recently found out that Tacoma Opera has a Young Artist Program which will be having a early next year and the best part is the program is open to current and recent college grads. Sounds perfect right? What could be better? Permitting I ace the audition, I get in to the program during my year off, gain experience, and get a great addition to my resume. It was too perfect, it turns out the day I heard about the program was the same day they were auditioning for the program and they were already overbooked.
Blast, well there goes that idea. Now, I'm going to audition for Tacoma Opera in the fall (or whenever they have chorus auditions) and eventually make my way to Seattle Opera and pray they like my voice. As of now, I'm going to find a job wherever I can find one and search our auditions.

Thanks for reading, in the meantime check out my photograph, I took this up on my island - it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment