Friday, September 18, 2009

J.Pair and the Seattle Opera

The Adventures of J.Pair continues with J.Pair and the Seattle Opera
Tonight we join our singer as she tries to find the Seattle Opera Rehearsal Studios (SORS).
I was invited to recieve a coaching with a fellow who works with the Seattle Opera. I once again arranged to babysit the twins (see Episode I) while my voice teacher received a coaching then I would recieve a coaching.
It took longer than expected to find the SORS, but it was accomplished. The twins and I went for a walk in downtown Seattle and found a nice, quiet park to eat lunch and read in. A little while later it was time to head back to the studio and hand off the babies.
I climbed the stairs and entered a cavernous room filled with props, sets, and workers, I was in awe...sorry no opera stars this time. I was lead to the Chorus rehearsal and the coach and I got to work.
You may ask why have a vocal coach when you already have a voice teacher. Well to put it simply a vocal coach puts the final touches on a voice and performance. I'm not getting ready for a performance, yet, however I am getting ready for the impending doom which is grad school auditions, yikes!
It was a short visit with the coach, but it was worth it.
Tune in for the next episode of The Adventures of J.Pair - J.Pair and the Puppy School

No comments:

Post a Comment