Thursday, February 18, 2010

J. Pair Vs Ash Wednesday

What a blessed day I had yesterday. The day started off like any other. I was called in to work last minute because someone else was sick. Though unexpected I was happy to work as I'd been asking the Universe for more hours which in turn equals more moolah. After work I went to apply for a position at a local bookstore that had "Now Hiring" signs in their windows. I returned home after filling out an application and sat down to a wonderful PB&J sandwich with a glass of milk on the side. It was delicious, just what I needed. I no more finished my sandwich and noticed an email from one of my mom's co-workers saying her other place of employment was hiring by referral only and her boss was expecting me to drop in. I immediately took my dishes to the kitchen, put Bella in her happy place, and raced out the door. I found myself at Herfy's Burgers talking to a girl at the counter and told her the manager was expecting me. The manager asked me if I had any experience in the field. I did a mental grown, here we go, this is where my journey ends – barely any experience = no job. I told the manager I help my mom with her company and dealt with customers and I had volunteered at Husky Stadium, so what if it was in 2003 and it was only one day, I survived so that had to count for something right? The manager looked impressed and asked about my availability and proceeded to tell me to come in the following Friday for training. I could have hugged him, which would have been very awkward, so I didn't. I thanked him profusely and told him I'd be there Friday. It's not the job I expected to get, but that's okay. My mom hasn't heard her co-worker say anything bad about the restaurant which can't be said about all businesses. I'm excited and a little nervous. Once I get through training I'm sure I'll be fine, but the first days of new job are always a little intimidating.

If that wasn't enough excitement for a girl in one day I got a solo in choir too! Choir was scheduled to sing at Ash Wednesday and there was one little solo in the congregational music and my music director asked me to sing it. It wasn't my best performance ever because I only sang through it twice and the organ played the wrong cue notes, but who cares. It ended well and that's all that really matters. Oh yes, it was a very blessed day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment