Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Moved!

I've realized its been an incredibly long time since I've posted a blog and felt the need to do so.  Shameless plug first. Bella and Duncan's blog has also been updated so feel free to check out www.seebellarun.blogspot.com!


I guess the biggest news is I moved! I bought a condo and I'm now a homeowner. The process was a little scary, a little tedious, but well worth it! I now have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a glorious fireplace, and no sofa. That's right, I don't have a sofa. Due to financial restraints I've had to postpone the sofa purchase. If anyone knows of a good, used sofa let me know. Despite not having a sofa, I love my condo. My neighbors all seem pretty nice, some friendlier than others. One of these days I will have everyone over to tour my new home...after I get a sofa. Bribery? I think so. I'm super excited to decorate for Christmas this year! I love the holiday season. Hopefully next year I'll be able to have people over for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas dinners - and a few summer BBQ's to boot.


I've also decided to return to school. I'm working on a Graphic Design degree. I think I've finally figured out what I want to do in life (I hope). After avoiding a career in computers like the plague, I read the course descriptions for Graphic Design and really liked what I read. Yes there are computers involved, but I also get to take courses on photography, web design, typography, 2D drawing and more.  I get to be creative! I'd like to work in advertising (like in Mad Men!). I think it's the best of both worlds, I get to be creative and have some job security. Lets face it, advertising isn't going to disappear from American culture anytime soon. 


Expect to see more of my photography posted soon!
Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment