Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Early Riser

I have become an early riser, usually waking between 6 and 6:30am. Why you ask. It was not a choice made by me, rather dictated by Mr. Duncan. You see when Mr. Sir (Duncan) goes to bed at night and when he tells me he needs to potty…midnight, 4am, and so on, he whines. When he goes back in to his crate after the potty break he cries a little and I tell him "quiet" and within a couple minutes he is indeed quiet.

This is in contrast to 6am or after when Mr. Sir starts whining once again. Repeatedly I tell him "quiet" in vain. Alas my night has come to an end. I would absolutely love it if Duncan could sleep until 8am or even 7:30am. Yes, that would be divine. In the meantime I'm considering switching my schedule around a bit incase Mr. Sir can't sleep later.

I'm considering getting a gym membership (suggestions accepted!) and though I like working out in the evening, at the rate I'm going, I'll be a vegetable by the time I would like to be working out. This means exercising in the morning, not my favorite idea, but it could work. This also means taking Bella on her walk in the morning – note, the sun setting later will also help in an evening walk. With having permanent hours at the B & G Club in the afternoon I now need to get my chores done, you guessed it, in the morning, ugh. Though I've always been able to easily get up at any morning hour this doesn't mean I can function. I will need to get used to this new schedule. Once again this could all be resolved if I could just get up at 8am instead of 6:30am.

Update: I wrote this blog entry a couple days ago and didn't get a chance to post. Since this original entry, I have successfully woken up at 7:30am! In fact, this morning, Mr. Sir needed to potty at 5:45am and seemed content to stay awake. I however, was not. I kindly, yet firmly told Duncan "quiet" and though it took a few extra verbal reminders on my part, he settled in and drifted off to sleep and let me sleep as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment